Even with an all-inclusive IEP, without proper implementation it is simply a piece of paper which still does not help your child reach their full potential.
Often having someone like myself advocate for your child can be the most important missing link to your child’s road to success.
"The odds are stacked against him/her before s/he begins!"
The student who travels through school without the proper ACCOMMODATIONS has an extremely high potential of getting stuck in a negative place that leads to frustration and failure.
In short..."The odds are stacked against him/her before s/he begins!"
The right combination of ACCOMMODATIONS and strategies can the bridge between the frustrating, ever chaotic ADHD life and the successful, confident student. So, if it is a matter of getting the right accommodations and learning the right skills, why are so many students with ADHD NOT succeeding but are instead falling through the cracks?
Here is why:
- Schools do not have the resources
- The school system is inherently flawed as it is designed for the ‘average’ student, not one who learns differently
- Many teachers are not even aware of the accommodations and services that are available
- Teachers, parents and the student are not clear what the IEP means
- Teachers have so many students with IEPs it is simply not possible for them to thoroughly implement each one
- Often, the IEP is simply not adequate, it might be outdated or solely based on a ‘menu of typical accommodations; rather than on the individual for whom it is written
Who is looking out for your child?
- The school does want your child to succeed, unfortunately, they have limited resources so cannot truly advocate for your child
- Yes, as parents you try to ensure your child is successful….BUT… many parents do not know/understand what their child is entitled to. They simply do not have enough information to ask the right questions
- Your child needs an Advocate who is not trying to balance the school needs with individual needs, but is there for the sole purpose of helping to ensure he/she is getting the accommodations that are required for success and the school is legally obligated to provide
So how can I help?
- I know what accommodations your child might be entitled to AND I can guide you through the process of ensuring your child is getting what he/she needs to truly meet their full potential.
- I bridge the gap between the accommodations your child needs and ‘should be’ receiving and your child actually receiving all that he/she is legally entitled to.
Don’t let the system fail your child…. Let me help you Fight Back to get the accommodations that your child is legally entitled to!
Assist with the school as required with implementation of appropriate accommodations and IEP. This may include telephone calls, meetings and emails or a combination thereof as appropriate.